Your topical blog is worth 20 percent of your final grade for the class. Since I’ll be grading your work on your blog for the first half of the semester, this midpoint blog grade is worth 10 percent of your final grade.
Last week in class, I reviewed a number of the things I’ll be looking for when I grade your blogs, including:
- At least 10 interesting blog posts published on a regular (once a week or more) schedule
- Inclusion of photos/graphics in your blog posts so your blog doesn’t look “gray” with text.
- Use of <read more> on longer blog posts, and use of Zemanta tags and categories
- A blog post about your brochure, with a link to download it (also be sure to put a brochure link in one other, more permanent spot, such as in your sidebar [use a widget] or on a page)
- A completed “About” page and at least one other page
- Widgets and a blogroll (links list)
For more details, download the How to get an “A” on your blog pdf.